Using a centrifuge is a fast and inexpensive way to separate yeast and bacteria from wine after fermentation or to clarify a slow-settling tank, without the use of additives or fining agents. With minimal DO and heat pickup during processing, it is also an ideal, energy-efficient method of prepping wine for barrel storage.
Ideal for any size winery, the SPXFLOW Centrifuge allows the recovery of fine particles (.05 to 500 micrometers) and/or promotes a strong clarification of liquids by means of a very high peripheral centrifugal field (G-force). SPXFLOW products are designed for long-lasting reliability and low maintenance. With over 50 years of experience in beverage processing, SPXFLOW delivers complete solutions and the most advanced technology. ATPGroup is the exclusive SPX representative to the U.S. wine industry.
- Excellent clarification efficiency with low oxygen pickup
- Units are skid mounted
- Simple maintenance protocols
- On-line monitoring
- Low operation cost due to low energy consumption
- High-speed bowl gives excellent clarification efficiency
- Unique bowl seal that needs no nitrogen blanket
- Several hundred units in operation in the U.S.