Produces dry white and red wines with good flavor complexity and full body.
- A strong fermenter with good alcohol tolerance up to 15%.
- Premier Classique (Davis 522) has been derived from the collection of the University of California.
- This yeast has good tolerance to free sulfur dioxide.
- It is not recommended for grapes that have been dusted with sulfur, because of the tendency to produce hydrogen sulfide in the presence of higher concentrations of sulfur.
- It does produce good flavor complexity, and intense color.
- This product was formally known as Montrachet.
- S. cerevisae; x. cerevisiae
Application: Suited for whites and full-bodied reds.
Packaging: 500 gram packet and 10 kg box.
Recommended Dosage: 2 lb/1,000 gal.; 25 g/hL.