Perlite is a lightweight expanded bubble structure derived from volcanic glass that’s milled and classified into powders that are used in both pressure and vacuum filtration equipment. Perlite filter aids are inert and will impart no taste or odor into wine, and are virtually insoluble in mineral and organic acids at all temperatures.
- Perlite is the generic name for a naturally occurring siliceous volcanic rock.
- Perlite is an amorphous material, without crystalline particles, i.e. does not require a carcinogenic label.
- Designed for use in any diatomite or powder type filtration system, i.e. both pressure and vacuum filtration equipment.
- Particularly well suited for vacuum systems since it is resistant to pre-coat cracking.
- Results in Low Soluble Metal in the finished juice/wine.
- Various grades are available – speak with your ATP sales representative about your particular application.
Application: Usually added as a filtration aid during filtration or as a pre-coat at the start of the filtration cycle.
Packaging: 25-35 lb. bag depending on grade.