Bentonite KWK Krystal Klear is a fine granular sodium bentonite with an average dry particle size ranging between 20 and 70 mesh and has superior adsorption and clarifying characteristics for use in the clarification of wine, juice or cider. It attracts positively charged particles to help settle out proteins that can lead to cloudiness in the bottle. It can be rehydrated in hot of cold water and can be used at any stage in the production process.
- Used for the removal of unstable proteins in wine, juice, and cider.
- Negatively charged clay colloid that reacts with positively charged proteins, precipitating them from the beverage.
- Superior adsorption and clarifying characteristics.
- Can be rehydrated in either hot or cold water.
- Other names: Volclay KWK Krystal Klear
Application: At any stage during the production process.
Packaging: 50 lb. bag.